Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Schloss #3

Today's Sunday Schloss is a lecture given on November 17th 1993 at Columbia. Some of my favorite quotes:

"I must say, I NEVER have put in a stop loss order because if you like a stock and buy it and it goes down, then you should buy more"

"I agree with Warren to keep it simple and not use higher mathematics in your analysis. I'm always amused when I see a stock go from say 25 to 20 in 1 day when the quarterly earnings come out because the company earned 31 cents instead of 35 cents."

"The key, in my opinion, to successful investing is to relate value to price today. Instead of present value many investment managers are relating future value to present price. Since I cant do that I will let others do it and stick to what has worked for us."

Hat tip to Value Huntr

Schloss Lecture

0 comments:

Post a Comment